Thursday 9 November 2017

"Vision of the Future": Ramblings and Roadblocks

Image courtesy of: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/26/5b/b7265b35c576740690a5b9f312a8e634.jpg

For my post this week I will be writing about where I am at with my final “Vision of the Future”. I will start with what I am trying to communicate through my project and then demonstrate where I am at with my project as well as some of the problems that I am encountering.

I have been asked by my administration to put together a presentation that demonstrates the collaborative role of a teacher librarian focusing specifically on a recent inquiry project involving a humanities teacher at my school. We will be presenting this to a group of teachers and administrators from a nearby district. I decided that I wanted to push myself and create some sort of video presentation because a big part of what we wanted to communicate was the important role that teacher librarians have in supporting teachers with collaborative planning and teaching. This includes creating innovative learning environments and focusing on learning that has high student engagement.  We want to show the video to give them an idea of what we have done and then give them an opportunity to ask questions.

Because I have no real video experience except for using Powtoon once before, this is a bit of a stretch for me! I began using Movie Maker but quickly decided that this would not be a good option because most of the visuals I have are photos and from what I understand it uses video clips. I then started using Powtoon but I am not really sure if this is going to work as well as I thought. Here is what I have so far. 




I also worked with with our District Instructional Leadership team to create a video that explained how our inquiry project used the 7 OECD Principles of Learning. This was presented on November 3 in a session presented during our most recent NID. Here is the video:


Where I am having problems is neither videos seem to represent the “Vision of the Future” that I think is necessary for this project.  I wonder if this is because I am limited to the photos and videos that I have. I also wonder if part of the problem is that we are right in the middle of this Inquiry Unit and will not be finished before this assignment is due. Maybe I am overthinking it and I am trying to include too much in the video. Maybe I include one or combine both videos and provide a written explanation.  I feel that I have hit a bit of a wall with this project, and it could also be that I am trying to create one video for two different reasons. I would love some feedback. Maybe it is fine, I do have a tendency to overthink things. I am hoping that looking at where others are at in this project might help or perhaps some feedback might help. This image sums up my state of mind at the moment. I am clearly in the middle.

Image courtesy of: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b7/26/5b/b7265b35c576740690a5b9f312a8e634.jpg

1 comment:

  1. A good start and honest reflection of the messy chaotic start to personalized inquiry. Your ideas for creating some videos to share and showcase your learning and experiences in this past inquiry process is absolutely appropriate and valuable. Your work needs to continue on finding a way to tell the 'story' of your experiences and summarize in a way that others can find their own learning in your experiences. Perhaps creating a presentation with these videos embedded within, so that the videos become a small part of a bigger presentation that contextualizes your insight? Anyway, a good start and lots of work already done!

    ReplyDelete

Reflection and the Final Vision

Image courtesy of: http://mosamuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/the-end.jpg Not only am I nearing the end of this course but also ...