Thursday 30 November 2017

Reflection and the Final Vision

Image courtesy of: http://mosamuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/the-end.jpg


Not only am I nearing the end of this course but also my LIBE diploma. I have found this course to be particularly difficult and at times extremely frustrating because of the sheer number of reflective blog posts. It was not until recently that I could see I was struggling because I was having to figure out, articulate and communicate my core values for our LLC. Throughout this course and my previous courses I have learned so much and have been challenged, but up until this particular course I have not spent a great deal of time reflecting on that learning. The timing of this course could not have been better as I have had to reflect on everything I have learned and come up with core values that reflect our Library Learning Commons, and I am evaluating whether what we do and the decisions we make support these values.  Although I found this course to be frustrating at times, I also feel that I have a better understanding of my core values and therefore I am more aware of my role and where I should be focusing my energy.

Image courtesy of: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0d/eb/29/0deb29d186f9e27c68c1822d3334a994--reflective-practice-main-idea.jpg

Prior to this course and my opportunity to reflect I felt that there were so many different areas that I needed to work on in order to meet the learning needs of my school. How was I going to incorporate ICT, develop 21st century skills, foster literacies, empower learners? Could I truly call our library a LLC if there was still so much work to do?  I was trying to address all of these issues in isolation and was feeling pretty overwhelmed. The reflective process that I experienced and developed throughout this course made me realize that it is through collaboration and inquiry I am able to address these needs meaningfully and effectively.

My Final Vision Project represents the core values for the Dr. Knox Middle School LLC. It is through collaboration and inquiry learning that we create the environments, foster the relationships and provide the supports so that all learners can thrive in the 21st century. This project was created to demonstrate to others how a LLC can play a key role in changing a learning culture in a school. My Final Vision Project is an attempt to communicate how we are doing this.


As a result of the reflecting process and this project I already feel more confident about how to help my school incorporate inquiry. I feel that my knowledge and understanding has grown along with my ability to articulate and justify why it is so important that we change the way we teach and learn. Whether it is through the LLC or my collaborative relationships, I feel better equipped to help and support my school community. I am excited to continue my inquiry journey while I support my community on theirs.

Image courtesy of: https://quotesboxes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/positive-quotes-end-of-a-journey-means-start-of-another.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection and the Final Vision

Image courtesy of: http://mosamuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/the-end.jpg Not only am I nearing the end of this course but also ...